Last update 2020-7-12
After the hygienic concept of the Sächsische Staatstheater was accepted, the Semperoper Dresden welcomes back its audiences. The originally scheduled performances remain cancelled until 31 October 2020. On this website you will find all information about the altered performances of the Semperoper.
Please also note the current information from the city of Dresden: dresden.de
Hygiene regulations: What do you have to observe when visiting a performance during Coronavirus pandemic?
In order to make it possible to visit a performance, the following hygiene regulations currently apply:
- Please maintain a distance of 1.5 m.
- Only visit a performance without symptoms of illness.
- Always wear a face mask (except when the seat has been taken). Please bring your own mask.
- Please note: The elevator is only in limited service.
- The cloakroom remains closed.
- The performance has no intermission.
What can I expect at performances of the »Semper Essenz« series?
»Semper Essenz« is the new title for the programme of the Semperoper Dresden, which has been scaled back to comply with current hygiene regulations. Even if the titles of individual works or operas sound familiar to you, »Semper Essenz« (for opera and ballets) or »Variation« (for concerts) indicates that you will experience a new, revised and condensed programme that fully complies with hygiene stipulations. Yet one thing is clear: the musicians of the Staatskapelle Dresden as well as our ensemble singers and dancers will continue to guarantee the highest quality that is associated with the name »Semperoper«.
In order to meet the mandatory hygiene standards on stage, in the orchestra pit and for you as audience members, we are forced to limit the duration of all events to about 90 minutes without an interval. Nevertheless, each performance will have its own unique character. There will be some performances solely in concert for which the orchestra sits on the stage and where the limited space is exploited to allow the performers to fully inhabit their characters as well as to create an appropriate atmosphere. If, on the other hand, the Staatskapelle can fit into the orchestra pit, the additional space will be used to offer semi-staged performances featuring scaled-back scenery and costumes, which will be newly developed for this purpose. Therefore, our programme for August, September and October 2020 will be truly innovative, placing a spotlight on the »essence« of the scheduled works to give us all fresh and unusual experiences as spectators and music lovers!
Special booking conditions for the »Semper Essenz« series
Your tickets already purchased for the original events from the start of the season until 31 October 2020 will no longer be valid.
For the performances of the »Semper Essenz« series the following booking conditions apply:
- Tickets can only be booked if you provide your customer data.
- Tickets are not transferable. Only personalized tickets are permitted.
- A maximum of two people can sit next to each other. Two seats next to each other can only be occupied by persons of the same household or by two friends.
Cancelled perfomances until 31 October 2020
All performances of the Saxon State Theatres until 31 October 2020 are cancelled. We will refund in full the price of your tickets for all cancelled performances. For this we need some details, which can be supplied using the form for ticket returns.
Do I get my money back for cancelled performances?
You can choose between a refund in the form of a voucher or a cash refund by bank transfer; alternatively, you can decide to donate the ticket price.
- Semperoper vouchers are valid for three years and can be redeemed for almost all events of the Semperoper Dresden (apart from for exclusive events, non-subscription events and guest performances).
- If you would like us to transfer the refund, please give us details of your bank account.
- You can also donate the ticket price. This money will benefit the »New ways of interaction« project of our Semperoper Education department.
When can I expect a refund of the returned tickets?
Although we will do our best to process your refund as quickly as possible, due to the large number of ticket cancellations it may take us a while to successively deal with all requests. Please refrain from making inquiries, also to ensure that the refund is processed as quickly as possible. In this regard, we kindly ask for your patience.