Conditions for the 2016/17 season
Semperoper Service for Groups in the Schinkelwache building on the Theaterplatz
The Semperoper is certainly one of the cultural highlights for all visitors to the Saxon Capital City of Dresden.
If you are organizing a group tour, then we can offer you comprehensive advice on all aspects of your visit to the opera house. This will ensure that your trip to Dresden is an unforgettable event! Groups of 20 and more are eligible for special conditions.
Terms of sale for groups of more than 20 persons
Bookings and deposit
You are required to pay a deposit on bookings for Performances that are more than 4 months hence. This deposit must be paid within 4 weeks of the booking date. You will receive a final invoice in due course that must be settled 4 months before the performance date. If the desired Performance is within the next 4 months then you will receive an invoice for full payment, which must be settled within 4 weeks.
General terms and conditions
The invoice for your payment will be mailed to you. The deposit amounts to 10 euros per ticket and is not a fee; your ticket price will be reduced accordingly. The final amount due corresponds to the amount remaining after deduction of any advance payment. An extension option past the invoice due date is generally not possible. Kindly note that reserved tickets cannot be held back once the optional period has expired and no payment has been effected. Tickets will then be again available for sale.
Discounts and returned tickets
Returning or cancelling reserved tickets of group reservations prior to the respective deposit date is free of charge but must be made in writing. Returning or cancelling reserved tickets of group reservations between the deposit due date and due date of final payment shall entail a cancellation fee of three Euro per cancelled ticket. This fee will be deducted from the deposit. The Semperoper Dresden takes back previously paid for tickets on consignment without any legal obligation. The Semperoper Dresden is in particular not obliged to offer such tickets for prioritized sale. A final invoice shall be completed after the event. The consignment fee amounts to 10 percent of the ticket price, at least 6 Euro per ticket. Any tickets not sold will be returned to you by mail.
Special terms are valid for the following performances:
Opera and Ballet premieres at the Semper Opera House
Symphony concerts of the Staatskapelle Dresden
Mozart-cycles (30 percent discount on regular tickets)
Non-subscription concerts as part of the »Mozart Days« (21st and 22nd April 2017)
New Year’s Eve concert of the Staatskapelle Dresden (30th December 2016)
New Year’s Eve Performance of »Die Fledermaus« on 31st December 2016.
Reservations for the indicated performances are due for payment 6 weeks after reservation. Invoices will be mailed to you in due time.
School classes, youth groups and student groups
You would like to visit a performance with your youth group or school class? Kindly submit your ticket request for groups of children, young people or students in writing to our visitor service:
Sales & Service – Petjula Schanze
Theaterplatz 2, 01067 Dresden
T +49 351 4911 709
Group reservations for more than 200 persons
Reservations of more than 200 tickets per performance require a surcharge of 10 percent of the regular ticket price. Tickets returned after receipt of the invoice shall still entail a 10 percent surcharge for all remaining tickets.
Further conditions are identical to group reservations for more than 20 persons.
Exclusive Events (EV)
Become an Exclusive Event organizer
Tour operators may choose from the following Options:
- Purchase all tickets for a performance at the Semperoper Dresden as sole promoter or purchase half of all tickets together with an-other tour operator. Tickets will then be available for sale exclusively through your organization. Payment Terms: 25 percent deposit within 4 weeks from the date of invoice and 75 percent as a final payment, 4 weeks before the performance date.
- Purchase half of all tickets for a performance at the Semperoper Dresden on your own. Special conditions: prices of a major block booking apply (at least 500 tickets in price categories 1 to 5; surcharge of 10 percent on the regular ticket price).
You profit from:
- Early schedule coordination up to 1 year before the official start of season ticket sales
- The same payment terms as indicated above apply: 25 percent deposit within 4 weeks from the date of invoice and 75 percent as a final payment 4 weeks before performance date
- Cancellation Policy and ticket return when purchasing all tickets to a performance at the Semperoper Dresden: Tickets may be returned to the Semperoper for resale. Cancellation fees are as follows: eight euros per card sold and one euro per card not sold. The resulting revenue less the fees due will be transferred to the tour operator’s account after the event.
- Communication: Your tour company will be discreetly indicated on the Semperoper website following the reference to the Semperoper, which will sell all remaining tickets for the respective performance.
Your advantage as an exclusive event organizer for all group bookings for seasons following the 2016/2017 season: (Benefits apply to exclusive event organizers purchasing half of all tickets to one or more performances at the Semperoper Dresden per season.)
- Reduced cancellation fees: Only 2 instead of 3 euros per ticket
- Deposit deadline generally extended by 1 month
For more information and prices, please contact:
T +49 351 4911 718/709
F +49 351 4911 700