The first premiere of the 2020/21 season is a very special one: Mozart’s probably most famous opera »Die Zauberflöte / The Magic Flute« can be experienced in a new production in the Semperoper from November 1. In his staging, Josef E. Köpplinger unfolds the dimensions between folk and world theatre in powerful video installations and a symbolically intense coming-of-age story. The libretto describes Tamino’s way as a path of many trials, of revenge, and of sweetest love with dancing animals and wondrous boys, until Tamino and Pagageno finally reach their destination happily.
In the Making-Of video, Josef E. Köpplinger talks about his staging concept.
Please note: The video is available in German only.
In order to make it possible to visit a performance, the following hygiene rules currently apply:
- Tickets are personalized and not transferable. Please note that our staff may ask for a suitable ID at the entrance.
- Please maintain a distance of 1.5 m.
- Only visit a performance without symptoms of illness.
- Always wear a face mask – even when the seat has been taken.* Please bring your own mask.
- Please note: The elevator is only in limited service.
- The cloakroom remains closed.
- The performance has no intermission.
- There is no catering service offered.
* except people who for medical reasons are provable exempt from wearing a mask.