Secure your tickets with an attractive subscription. A subscription is valid for one season. If not cancelled, it will be prolonged for another season for which you will receive all the information in good time.
Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 pandemic and resulting performance cancellations, the subscriptions for the 2020/21 season cannot be fulfilled and will be suspended. We will inform you about the subscriptions for the 2021/22 season in due time.
- many great discounts
- your own personal seat (unchanging from season to season)
- no queuing or tedious ordering process for different Semperoper tickets
- one-off exchange of a performance at the subscription price (see points 12 & 13 of the terms and conditions)
- subscription-holders enjoy unique personal service
- early notification of special offers
- two discount vouchers for one opera and one ballet performance each
- a voucher for a chamber music evening of your choice at the subscription price
- exclusive Christmas offer for our subscription-holders
- receive the annual brochure by post
- recruit new subscription-holders: we’ll give you a free ticket for every person who takes out a subscription on your recommendation
When purchasing a subscription, the subscription-holder accepts the following terms and conditions of the Semperoper Dresden:
Conclusion and termination of a subscription
1. The subscription is concluded for one season and automatically renews if not cancelled. A subscription consists of a predetermined selection of performances on fixed dates. Subscription-holders can only be named persons. Use of the subscription for commercial purposes is not permitted.
2. Depending on ticket availability, severely disabled persons of at least 80 percent disability will receive a reduced-price ticket on presentation of the relevant disabled person’s pass (50 percent reduction on tickets priced 12 euros and over for seating categories 1-5). If the pass also names an accompanying person, s/he is offered the same discount. Multiple discounts are excluded.
3. Any individual discount (e.g. concessions for senior citizens) is only valid upon presentation of the relevant ID. If such ID cannot be shown, the discount is withdrawn and the price difference to a standard ticket must be reimbursed.
4. The subscription will remain valid for the following season under the relevant terms and conditions if it has not been terminated in writing by the subscription-holder or by the Semperoper Dresden in due time. The Concert Subscription does not entitle the subscription-holder to reserve performances on a specific day of the week. The individual Concert Subscriptions cannot be coordinated with one another. In particular, if a subscription-holder combines several concert subscriptions, s/he has no entitlement to attend all 12 symphony concerts.
5. The cancellation of a subscription for the coming season must be made in writing and received by the contractual partner by the named date (see covering letter sent to every subscription-holder). This means that both parties have the right to terminate the contract.
6. For each paid-for subscription, you will receive (along with your tickets) two discount vouchers for one opera and one ballet performance each (excluding premieres, external and non-subscription events as well as exclusive events and guest performances) offering a 10 percent discount on the standard price as well as a voucher for a chamber music evening of your choice at the subscription price. The vouchers are for your personal use only and restricted to performances in the respective season (seating category 1-5).
7. After payment of the subscription invoice, subscription-holders will receive their tickets (upon which are noted the performance dates and seat numbers) in due time before the first performance. In the case of payment by direct debit, the tickets will be sent approx. 6 weeks after payment is received. The subscription tickets remain the property of the Semperoper Dresden until final payment has been made. The Semperoper Dresden will pay the postal charge and will send the tickets by post at the subscription-holder’s risk. Please inform our Subscription Service if you do not receive your tickets for the 2020/21 season by 24 August 2020.
8. While tickets are transferable to other natural persons, the subscription-holder remains liable for payment of the subscription.
Fulfilment of subscription dates
9. We reserve the right to make changes to the information shown on the tickets and to the seasonal programme published by the Semperoper Dresden. Changes to scheduled artists as well as to the programme and to performance dates do not entitle the holder to return tickets or to demand a refund of the purchase price.
10. If the performance cannot take place for reasons within the Opera’s control or as a result of force majeure, the subscription price will be refunded.
11. No replacement tickets or refund will be offered to the subscription-holder for performances which s/he does not attend.
12. In each season the subscription-holder may exchange one performance date for another (excluding Subscription for Premieres: see Condition 13) if s/he cannot attend a performance or concert within the subscription deal. This offer is only available up to two days before a scheduled performance, is subject to the availability of tickets and there is no entitlement to a specific seating category. Opera and ballet performances can be exchanged for other opera and ballet performances, concert dates for other concert dates. Please note that the subscription-holder will not be reimbursed if the replacement ticket is cheaper than the original subscription ticket. However, s/he is required to pay the price difference for a higher priced replacement ticket. If the subscription-holder is unable to attend further subscription events, paid-for tickets may be surrendered for resale on commission in accordance with our General Terms and Conditions.
13. Subscription for Premieres: If a performance cannot be attended after payment of the Subscription for Premieres, the ticket can be exchanged for another performance at the standard price.
Payment of the subscription
14. Payment of the annual subscription is due upon receipt of the relevant invoice.
15. Payment can be made by bank transfer, by credit card, at the daytime box office or by direct debit. When paying by bank transfer, please specify the purpose of payment as stated on the invoice, otherwise your payment cannot be correctly booked. If non-compliance with the contractual conditions on the part of the subscription-holder results in the Semperoper Dresden suffering damage, e.g. if the bank refuses to debit the account due to insufficient funds or to changes to the account details of which the subscription-holder has given no notification, s/he is liable for any resulting charges.
16. If due payment is not made even after a written reminder, the contract shall not be concluded or the existing contract shall expire. In this case, the Semperoper Dresden is entitled to dispose of the seats elsewhere. Reminder fees will be charged. If, in the case of an agreed 2-payment instalment, the second instalment is not credited to the Semperoper Dresden account in due time, the full amount of the subscription will be due in one instalment from the following season.
17. Requests for changes to the subscription for the new season (seat changes or an alternative circle) can only be submitted and processed after receipt of the subscription documents (invoice) up to the respective cancellation date. The same applies to a change of payment method. The Subscription Service requests notifications of any changes to the name, address and bank details of the subscription-holder in writing, stating the subscription and customer number indicated on the subscription tickets. The Semperoper shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the subscription-holder as a result of late or incorrect notifications of changes.
Recruit further subscription-holders
18. If, as an existing subscription-holder of a paid-for subscription, you recruit a new subscription-holder for the respective season, please notify us of this in writing. We will reward you in the respective season with a performance of your choice, which you can attend free of charge. Subject to the availability of tickets, you will receive a free ticket for your personal use. Excluded from this offer are premieres, external and non-subscription events, exclusive events and guest performances as well as performances of Don Carlo in the 2019/20 season and performances of the »Ring« cycles in the 2020/21 season.
19. In accordance with the provisions of the Saxon Data Protection Act, the Semperoper Dresden points out that it stores and processes personal data of its subscription-holders within the scope of its business relations.
20. The General Terms and Conditions of the Semperoper Dresden shall apply unless otherwise specified in these Subscription Terms and Conditions.