Opera singers Junges Ensemble seasons 2019/2020 and 2020/2021
Vacancies: Soprano, Mezzosoprano, Tenor, Baritone, Bass
Please send us a current CV, photo and list of repertoire, as well as a short audio sample (CD/DVD/mp3/link) for 2019/20 and 2020/21. Unfortunately, we are unable to return your application documents.
Please send your application to the following address:*
c/o Juliane Postberg
Keyword: Junges Ensemble
Juliane Postberg, T +49 (0) 351 4911 361
Applications will be accepted from opera singers of all nationalities who are at the beginning of their professional careers. There is an age restriction of 28 years for female singers and 30 years for male singers, and all applicants must have a basic working knowledge of the German language. The programme membership lasts two years. All members of the Junges Ensemble will receive a monthly allowance which is similar in amount to a basic stage contract.
The selection of new members for the Junges Ensemble programme is by audition, for which eligible singers will be invited in due course.**
Audition requirements are as follows: four opera arias
* A written application will not necessarily result in an invitation to audition. The Semperoper Dresden re-serves the right to deny applications without supplying reasons. Applications sent via agencies will not be considered.
** Foreign applicants will only be invited to audition when the necessary travel documentation (visa, residency permit, work permit) has been obtained.
Closing date for the submission of applications
Job advertisement to download
The Semperoper Ballett is looking for dancers (f/m) for season 2019/2020
As of this season 2018/2019, the Semperoper Ballett is endorsing the International Audition Pre-Selection Guidelines.
Therefore, to apply, please submit the following material only:
- a video with no introduction or fancy editing, consisting of the following performed in leotard and tights for women and tight fitting dance attire for men:
– a short classical variation drawn from the standard repertoire, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
– a short contemporary variation (that could consist of something drawn from repertoire, phrases from classwork or an applicant-created work) that illustrates the applicant’s command of a range of movement different from that demonstrated in the classical variation
– 3-5 minutes of barre work, incorporating both sides, danced in soft shoes by male applicants and pointe shoes by female applicants
– 3-5 minutes of centre work that includes adagio, pirouettes, petit and grand allegro, danced in pointe shoes by female applicants
- a CV
- a head shot
- 2-3 dance photos that reveal the dancer’s body proportions and line
Applications are accepted from October 1st, until the deadline December 1st 2018 to the following e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org to the attention of Anastasia Hecht.