Last update 2020-11-25
The Semperoper Dresden is expected to run again from 1 December 2020 in accordance with the hygiene concept of the Saxon State Theaters with adapted versions of the performances and a modified seating plan. The performances of the revised programme from 2 to 30 November 2020 are cancelled. Also all originally scheduled performances of the Semperoper Dresden until 28 February 2021 are cancelled. In the following you will find the latest information about the performances of the Semperoper.
Please also note the current information of the city of Dresden: dresden.de
Due to the uncertain development of the coronavirus pandemic, the Semperoper finds itself compelled to replace the events scheduled for January and February with an alternative programme that is currently being put together.
This change also affects the announced »Ring« cycles conducted by Christian Thielemann, which unfortunately cannot be staged according to the vision of Willy Decker. However, the Semperoper is working on an alternative solution compatible with current hygiene regulations to ensure that its audience can enjoy these eagerly awaited musical highlights in January and February 2021.
The finalised replacement schedule for January/February 2021 will be presented in due course. Guests who have already purchased tickets for the »Ring« performances will be contacted by our visitor service.
In order to make it possible to visit a performance, the following hygiene rules currently apply:
- Tickets are personalized and not transferable. Please note that our staff may ask for a suitable ID at the entrance.
- Please maintain a distance of 1.5 m.
- Only visit a performance without symptoms of illness.
- Always wear a face mask – even when the seat has been taken.* Please bring your own mask.
- Please note: The elevator is only in limited service.
- The cloakroom remains closed.
- The performance has no intermission.
- There is no catering service offered.
* except people who for medical reasons are provable exempt from wearing a mask.
All originally scheduled performances of the Semperoper Dresden until 28 February 2021 as well as the performances of the revised programme from 2 to 30 November 2020 are cancelled. Already purchased tickets will lose their validity and will be refunded. Please use the following form for ticket refunds:
You can choose between a refund in the form of a voucher or a cash refund by bank transfer; alternatively, you can decide to donate the ticket price.
- Semperoper vouchers are valid for three years and can be redeemed for almost all events of the Semperoper Dresden (apart from for exclusive events, non-subscription events and guest performances).
- If you would like us to transfer the refund, please give us details of your bank account.
- You can also donate the ticket price. This money will benefit the »New ways of interaction« project of our Semperoper Education department.
Although we will do our best to process your refund as quickly as possible, due to the large number of ticket cancellations it may take us a while to successively deal with all requests. Please refrain from making inquiries, also to ensure that the refund is processed as quickly as possible. In this regard, we kindly ask for your patience.