Last update 2021-02-25
In a step aimed at containing the current pandemic, the Saxon Ministry of Science, Culture and Tourism announced that Dresden’s public theatres will remain closed up to and including 31 March 2021.
Consequently, the performances previously advertised by the Semperoper for the remainder of the 2020/21 season will be cancelled and replaced by an alternative schedule. The Semperoper will provide details of this programme, which will run from April to July 2021, before the resumption of performances on 1 April 2021. In the coming weeks, it will be determined which of the originally planned premieres and performances are to be included in the replacement schedule.
Of course, ticket holders will be refunded for all canceled events:
Please note that we have extended the validity of all vouchers expiring on 31 December 2020 for one year so the vouchers are now valid until 31 December 2021.
Please also note the current information of the city of Dresden: dresden.de/en
Please note the changed opening hours of the box office in the Schinkelwache due to the current situation (Corona):
Mon to Fri 10 a.m.–12 p.m. only by phone!
Sat, Sun and public holidays closed
The box office in the Schinkelwache remains closed probably until the end of March 2021. The Visitor Service is available by phone from Monday to Friday (except public holidays) from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. You are also welcome to submit your written inquiries, preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All originally scheduled performances of the Semperoper Dresden until the end of the 2020/21 season are cancelled and will be replaced by an alternative schedule. Already purchased tickets lose their validity and will be refunded. Please use the following form for ticket refunds:
You can choose between a refund in the form of a voucher or a cash refund by bank transfer; alternatively, you can decide to donate the ticket price.
- Semperoper vouchers are valid for three years and can be redeemed for almost all events of the Semperoper Dresden (apart from for exclusive events, non-subscription events and guest performances).
- If you would like us to transfer the refund, please give us details of your bank account.
- You can also donate the ticket price. This money will benefit the »New ways of interaction« project of our Semperoper Education department.
Although we will do our best to process your refund as quickly as possible, due to the large number of ticket cancellations it may take us a while to successively deal with all requests. Please refrain from making inquiries, also to ensure that the refund is processed as quickly as possible. In this regard, we kindly ask for your patience.
In order to make it possible to visit a performance, the following hygiene rules currently apply:
- Tickets are personalized and not transferable. Please note that our staff may ask for a suitable ID at the entrance.
- Please maintain a distance of 1.5 m.
- Only visit a performance without symptoms of illness.
- Always wear a face mask – even when the seat has been taken.* Please bring your own mask.
- Please note: The elevator is only in limited service.
- The cloakroom remains closed.
- The performance has no intermission.
- There is no catering service offered.
* except people who for medical reasons are provable exempt from wearing a mask.
Due to the current distance regulations, only the best seat booking is currently available for online bookings to make sure that the necessary distances and the therefore needed free seats are automatically implemented.